I needed a break from the Christmas madness! Maybe, I thought, you might feel the same, therefore I decided to share with you today my delicious Indian style Pasta creation. Plus, not everybody is celebrating Christmas and anyway… We still need normal daily food to fill our tummies, right? Most people in my opinion would always preferably cook something quick and easy BUT rich in flavors and maybe even nutritionally balanced. something that will fill your stomach but tickle your senses, perhaps something different to surprise your loved ones as well. My pasta topped with a spicy yogurt Lemon Sauce and Prawns will give you all that in one simple recipe!
I had realized recently that I hadn’t shared any pasta dishes here, although we are quite big time pasta heads in my house! Usually I always come up with a different style of pasta dishes, yet the Indian style pasta is frequently cooked and enjoyed. My husband, who is difficult with food, realized in the last 3 years, that he cherishes fusion style food, were both the European and Indian flavors and styles come to light and are combined to new exciting creations. If you remember I had shared already a couple of Indian European fusion recipes such as the Mini Chili Quiche, the Tendli Salad, the Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Chili Cream and the Quiche de Goa with Breadfruit and Luffa Veg.
For this pasta dish I chose the long flat Tagliatelle noodles. This type is one of my favorite pastas and I use it quite often in my kitchen. The prawns in this recipe were freshly brought from the market and I removed and discarded the shell, tail and head (How to clean prawns and shrimps). After that I kept the Prawns to marinate for 30 minutes with Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper. The Sauce consists of Garlic, Spices, Yogurt and Lemon. The recipe all in all is pretty quick to recreate as you can see! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. =)
- 5-6 Tagliatelle Pasta “Balls”
- 200 grams cleaned big Prawns
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- pinch Chili powder (to your liking)
- 130 milliliter fresh Yogurt
- pinch Pepper
- pinch Salt
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Tomato Cubes or Chopped Coriander
- Place your cleaned Prawns into a bowl and add the marination ingredients as mentioned in the ingredients list. Massage all the ingredients into the prawns and keep it to stand for 30 minutes
- Keep a pot with Salt water to boil. Once it is cooking add the Pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the Pasta is al dente then strain the pasta and keep aside.
- Chop the Garlic fine.
- Heat up a pan with the Olive oil and add your prawns. Stir fry frequently and cook them until they are done. Take them out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the chopped Garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then take it from the heat and add the Turmeric Powder, the Garam Masala mix and the Chili Powder. Take the pan back to the heat and mix it for 1 minute well.
- Now add the Yogurt and mix again. Continue to season it with Pepper and Salt and keep it on the heat for 3 minutes until it thickens and stir frequently. At the end, take it off the heat and add the Lemon Juice and mix it well.
- Now you are ready to mix the sauce with the pasta and prawns or you can top the pasta with the sauce and place the prawns on top and serve it like that with a garnish such as Tomato cubes or chopped coriander. That’s up to you!