Curry Tempura Paneer Cheese & Sweet Chilli Jam
Curry Tempura Paneer Cheese
Ingredients for Tempura Paneer Cheese
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup Masa Harina Flour (Cool Chilli Co.)
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Egg
- Cracked Black Pepper & Sea Salt
- ½ pint of Cold Lager (I used Grolsch)
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Spoon out enough to cover a small plate (to dust the cheese before dipping into the batter).
- Cut the cheese into desired shape and size chunks and then dust on the floured plate.
- Make a well into the flour mix and add the egg.
- Now pour into the bowl the lager and whisk, but don’t be too thorough, it helps to have some slight airy lumps in it.
- Once the batter is ready just drop the cheese into it and completely cover.
- Once the cheese is well coated, drop it into a pre-heated deep fat fryer. (190 degrees)
Homemade Sweet Chili Jam
Ingredients for Homemade Sweet Chili Jam
- 3-4 Chillies (I used 2 Scotch Bonnet & 1 Birds Eye)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Juice of ½ Lime
- ½ Cup of Sugar (I used ¼ white & ¼ brown)
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Chop up all the chillies and garlic; it is up to you how hot you want this so the more seeds the fiercer it will be.
- Gently fry them in a saucepan with the oil until they are soft.
- Now add the lime juice and stir.
- Follow this with the fish sauce and water.
- Now add the sugar and salt and give it a good stir.
- Finally add in the vinegar and leave on a low heat to reduce away, by about half.
- When the jam has thickened and darkened (use all white sugar for a lighter finish) turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
Once cooled you can put it into any container with a lid and keep it in the fridge for a good couple months.
*Ideal for spicing up left over Christmas turkey sandwich! (probably too late now but…)
**It is also great on a cheese burger!